Short Version: This is my personal blog.
Long Version: My name is Dart. About 1,000 guys in America may have that as their first or middle name. It can be short for “Darton”, an English word that means quiet, peaceful meadow. Or deer park. Or a forest of deer or something else depending upon your alcohol intake. Obviously it is from England. Or Scandinavia.
The word “Scape” means an extensive view, scenery, a picture or representation according to dictionary.com. Examples include Landscape, Waterscape, Cityscape, Mindscape, Moonscape, Seascape.
Thus, Dartscape is my view of life, the universe and beyond. For those of you who are older than the hills, you might remember the very first graphic internet browser, called Netscape. This was in the mid-1990s. It was about that time that I purchased the domain name dartscape.com. Decades later, the browser known as Netscape is long gone, but I continue onward!
- The art of writing and my efforts to have more of my fiction published.
- The art of photography and my effort to have more of my photography published.
- Nonsensical thoughts that scamper into my mind from time to time. Not sure what I am doing with these!
- Anything else I think of.
During the Pandemic Crisis of 2020 I started posting jokes. I have a somewhat English sense of humor so not everything I find stupid hilarious will make you laugh. Trigger Warning: These jokes may be considered “off color”. If you are a Karen or extensively sensitive, I suggest you refrain from reading my jokes, or pretty much anything else on this site.
Benefits of reading this blog:
- You might read something interesting, but no guarantees.
- Everything you read is low in fat, carbs and rarely causes rashes.
- Occasionally one of my cats will write a guest post.
- What the hell else you got to do?
DO me a favor? If you read something here that you like, please leave a comment. It helps me to continue on! You don’t want to see me go the way of Netscape, do you?