(C) 2020 Dart Humeston
In the news again recently is an internet meme called “Florida Man”. Wikipedia explains it. Essentially, because of the many weird people in Florida, if one were to search “Florida Man” then add your birthday (Month and Day only ou would most likely discover a very weird story about some Florida man.|Examples:
- December 12 Pensacola News Journal: “Deputy cleared for shooting naked man armed with crossbow who claimed aliens were after him.”
- January 18, 2018 WFTS Tampa Bay Florida man arrested for DUI after mistaking bank drive-thru for Taco Bell
- May 18 also from WFTS Tampa Bay Police: Florida man hid legless fugitive girlfriend in plastic tote
Since I am a Floridian currently living in Boise, I thought I would see what came up if I searched “Idaho Man”.
- February 19, 2019 Inside Edition Idaho Man Goes Missing While Searching for Help After Family Gets Stuck in Snow
January 9, 2019 KTVB Idaho man dies in snowmobile crash
- November 21, 2016, Associate Press Idaho man hit by car, falls 50 feet into icy river, survives
It would seem that while there are some really weird and potentially dangerous things occurring in Florida, Idaho has some straightforward dangerous things going on. Unfortunately, in March 2019 the meme has become so massively popular that it no longer works. If you search Florida Man with a birth date you now just receive articles about the meme itself. Endless number of articles. Including this one no doubt!
Peace out people.